Thursday, April 05, 2007

Yes it is still plagiarism

Dear fellow undergrads,

I'm very glad you have the Google-fu to find my posts on the Wife of Bath, Lanval, and others. Your ability to use a simple search engine cofounds us all.

Just one little thing?

If you copy one of my posts and turn it into your Professor there is a good chance they will be able to find the entry as easily as you did.

In other words: DON'T STEAL. If you want to cite my blog; go here.

No love,

History Geek

I had a professor today email me to let me know that one of his students had turned in my post on Hamlet as their response paper. I'm not sure whether I'm flattered or ticked off. I think I'll settle for a bit of both.

2 comments:

Carolingian said...

At least they're citing you and not wikipedia; there are still upperclassmen that do that and expect credit for "scholarly sources."

History Geek said...

I just can't believe that they just took part of my post of Hamlet and thought they'd pass as their own work.