Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Contracts and new jobs

I need to decided soon whether to sign my new contract or tell my director that no I will not be back for the fall. Granted this isn't the worst place to work, and my pay isn't the worst I've been paid, but it would take much more than they've offered me for me to stay.

I shouldn't have to fight for my overtime pay. The law says we receive time and a half, I shouldn't have to stress out over making them pay. I'm tired of being sick all the time because stay at home mothers thing I'm their nanny and sick-nurse. I think I've ranted on most of this before.

I should be able to quit with a great deal of relief. Only, I'm not twenty anymore, I'm not even twenty three. The thought of not having a job? Of having to relay just on federal aid (which I don't think I qualify for) and loans to make ends meet? Scares the fuck out of me.

Still most of this is academic until I find out if I've been accepted as a transfer. *resists biting nails*

Onto the latter part of the title. I might have a job opportunity. A very nice one. Making possible fifteen dollars an hour and only having to work two or three nights a week. They'd pay me while they trained me. We'll see how things pan our in the next few weeks.

No comments: